Applications are invited for the position of
IT Application Manager at Wipro Foundation
Location: Bengaluru/ Hybrid (Full-time Employment)
Wipro Foundation represents the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of Wipro Limited. Going back over two decades, we focus on social initiatives in the domains of Education, Health, Ecology and Disaster Response.
At Wipro, we think that it is critical to engage with the social and ecological challenges facing humanity. We believe that engagement with social issues must be deep, meaningful, and formed on the bedrock of long-term commitment — this is the only way real change can happen on the ground.
We run our social programs on a strong foundation of ethical principles, good governance, and sound management. Our foundational values are embodied in the ‘Spirit of Wipro,’ which emphasizes unyielding integrity in every aspect of our work, treating people everywhere fairly and with respect – at the workplace and in communities outside –, and demonstrating ecological sensitivity in thought and action.
The role of IT Application Manager is a critical role. It involves enabling seamless operations by leading the selection and implementation of the right software applications for various needs of Wipro Foundation. These include (eg: Grant Management System, Employee Engagement and Volunteering Platform, Learning Management System for NGO partners, and various websites hosted by the Foundation for ongoing communication and engagement, etc.) Ensuring the smooth functioning of all the applications, and working on their continuous improvement by getting new features and changes implemented as per the needs, is an important part of the role.
- Driving vendor evaluation and helping in selecting the right applications for our needs
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with technology vendors and negotiating services and contracts
- Accurate and timely gathering of requirements from internal stakeholders, and quality assurance and timely delivery of IT Applications for new implementations
- Ensuring smooth functioning of existing applications, including change management
- Facilitating integration of Wipro Foundation applications with core productivity applications of Wipro Ltd.
- Troubleshooting and finding solutions for application issues as they arise
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory as well as internal company guidelines
- Establishing the maintenance checks and other monitoring strategies
- Creating artifacts like training material, user guides, FAQs and SOPs, to help the users and ensure better adoption of digitized processes
- Driving regular governance of new application implementation projects and coordinate change in already running applications
- Coordinating with Wipro’s Internal IT team for any changes needed in Wipro applications/ systems to support the needs of Wipro Foundation
- Experience in solutioning, implementing and managing IT applications
- Experience in integrating applications with enterprise backend systems like ERP,
- Familiarity with relevant technology and platforms
- Good communication skills
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Structured thinking and process-oriented approach
- Change management
- Big-picture thinking
Requirements related to Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer/software engineering or information systems is preferred
- 5 years of experience in IT application management in doing requirement analysis, UAT and backend integration is a must
- Total work experience of 8 years, with a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience in a technology role
- Experience in implementing projects using agile methodology
This is a full-time position on the rolls of Wipro Foundation with the possibility of hybrid working. Please attach your CV and statement of purpose.
Please send your application before October 6, 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.