About the organization
Vision: To create joyful and sustainable learning communities.
Mission: We aim to create a space where learners choose, co-create, co-exist, and co-excel; where individuals unshackle their inner artist; and where communities learn to care for the environment.
Strategy: To create educational models by researching, implementing, and documenting the process and impact and then replicate it on a larger scale with the government. Keep things simple and effective. Create a strong diverse, efficient, and super ambitious team and board.
Location of work
- We need to hire more young people as they can understand children well and have the energy to go the extra mile.
- Create a robust process in the organization that enhances efficiencies and reduces the need for micromanagement.
- There is a need to keep going back to the strategy once you make it otherwise there is a higher chance that you go with the flow and miss the targets.
- The 21st century skills and mainstream subjects can be taught through art classes. For this purpose, we need to design an art curriculum.
- We need a more in-depth understanding of education philosophy and its history and how it can help us to improve our teaching.
- Not everyone can be a teacher and proper induction and training are required to develop this skill.
- Getting funds and maintaining a regular flow of funds
- Finding right-fit team members and retaining them
- Utilizing mentors efficiently and finding the right mentors for the organizational strategy
Plan of action
- To implement the holistic education PEACE model at ULC hub and then pilot it in the government schools
- Take the Amaa Kritishaalaa model to schools and communities in a large scale to improve literacy
- Creating safe learning spaces
- Creating a fellowship for youth to teach children and spread it in across Odisha
- Get into rural and tribal schools in the coming three years
- Engage with youth to create Urban forests, nutri-gardens in schools and spread actionable environmental education
- Invest 10 hours per week on capacity building
In the coming time, we will also look for support and assistance in developing the following:
- A funding strategy
- Curriculum for holistic education
- Program for literacy and numeracy
- Art workshop program
- Organizational strategy and HR processes
- System of volunteer management
- Strategy of working with the government system